- Admission shall be made on merit basis of the marks secured in the last qualifying examination. The admission procedure is framed by the Governing Body (GB) keeping in view of the guidelines issued by the University from time to time. The decision of the college authority is final and binding.
- The students can apply for admission to the college in a prescribed format attached with the prospectus issued by the college office on payment of Rs. 900/- (Rupees Nine Hundred) only in Banker Cheque/Demand Draft.
- Candidates seeking admission into the B.Ed Course need to appear and passed the entrance examination conducted by the Assam University Silchar.
- The admission form should be accompanied with the attested copies of following documents/ certificates: (Otherwise, the application for admission will be treated as incomplete and cancelled.)
- Admit card of HSLC Examination
- Certificate and Mark- Sheet of all qualifying examinations
- Caste/Tribe Certificate (if applicable)
- Registration Certificate/Migration Certificate (in case of candidates from any university other than Assam University Silchar)
- Passport size photograph (2 copies)
All original certificates must be produced at the time of interview.
Selected candidates will have to deposit admission and other college fees in the form of Demand Draft/ Banker’s cheque in favour of Diphu B. Ed. College, Diphu payable at State Bank of India, Diphu Branch (01170). No cash payment will be accepted. Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
A Candidate with at least 50 % (fifty) marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and /or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences/Social Sciences/Humanities/ Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% (fifty five) marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the B.Ed. Programme. (The % of marks in case of candidate having honours in Graduation is the aggregate of the marks scored in both Pass and Honours papers)
The reservation for SC/ST and other categories shall be as per the rules of the Central Government/ State Government/Local Government (Karbi Anglong Autonomous Council) whichever is applicable.
Great emphasis is laid o discipline and character building. Trainees are expected to maintain a high standard of discipline. The principal of the College reserves the right to remove from the rolls of the names of trainees for unsatisfactory conduct.
- There shall be at least two hundred working days each year exclusive of the period of examination and admission.
- The institution shall work for a minimum of thirty six hours in a week, during which physical presence in the institution of all the teachers and student teacher is necessary to ensure their availability for advice, guidance, dialogue and consultation as and when needed.
- The minimum attendance of student- teachers shall have to be 80% for all courses and practicum and 90% for school internship.
CONDUCT OF EXAMINATIONS
The college conducts internal examinations during the course/tenure according to the examination schedule. In general, two terminal examinations are held to assess the progress of the trainees in each semester. Attendance in the examination is a must as their performance is counted in the internal assessments. Final examination is held at Diphu B.Ed. College Centre according to the programme notified by the Assam University, Silchar.
Project work is carried out by every trainees during the course since it demonstrates the capability of the trainees for some original approach in the application of theoretical knowledge gained from the course. The project work is finalized in consultation with the department concerned. Several project works may be carried out during the course according to the norms of the Assam University, Silchar and NCTE.